Newborn Baby Bracelets
With our first little one on the way it’s safe to say that the WHOLE family is ecstatic.
Taylor Paige Broderick was named sort of uniquely. Her middle name “Paige” was taken from my middle name which is “Paige”, and her first name was taken from Max’s middle name, which is “Taylor”, which also happens to be his mother’s maiden name.
Well all the parents have been sending us our old baby clothes, blankets, stuffed animals, toys, books and so much more. Who knew they even had any of this stuff still? Well one of the things my mother-in-law found was both her’s and my husband’s newborn baby bracelets that they wore home from the hospital. Each with their last name on them. Well her last name at the time was “Taylor” and my husband’s is still “Broderick”. So the idea here is that she’ll have the same newborn baby bracelets her father and grandmother wore home from the hospital. I just thought this was so cute!
Both bracelets needed to be restrung and I had to sort of guess on the size (though I did find out with some quick online research that most newborns’ wrists are about 4 inches around), but the bracelets tuned out wonderfully. I did change the blue beads to pink on one and added pink to the other. Both were originally all blue beads.
20130218-144811.jpg
Takes about 5 minutes.

Supplies Used:

All items can be found at your local craft store.
  • White Alphabet Beads, 6mm Round
  • Glass Beads in the colors of your choosing, Size 6/0 Seed Beads
  • Stretch Magic Stretchy Jewelry Cord, Clear .5mm

Directions:

I laid my beads out on a small towel (to keep the beads from rolling) to create my 4 inch design. I actually added 4 beads to the 4 inches to give it a little extra room so that the bracelet isn’t tight on her delicate little wrist.
Then cut the stretchy jewelry cord about 7 inches long. The extra length will give you enough room to tie the knot at the end.
Keep hold of one side while you string your beads onto the other. You can also get little beading clamps to hold the end for you.
Once all of your beads are on the string, tie both ends together like you’d tie your shoe, keeping the knot just outside the beaded design. I tied the string 4 times nice and tightly.
Then cut your string ends within a few millimeters of the knot. It’ll be tight at first but you can stretch the cord a little to make it more pliable.

Nice and easy!
Now just make sure to put your baby’s new bracelet(s) in you hospital bag so she or he can wear them home!

0 commentaires :

Popular recipes